Based on guidance the NYS Dept of Health has released over the weekend (3/14/20) Tradition Home Care is communicating with you to inform you that the DOH has instituted a requirement for HHAs to screen their clients at the beginning of each visit.
The three questions you must ask are below.
1. Ask and or observe the patient’s condition regarding upper respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath);
2. Ask the patient, “Have you traveled to a country for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 travel designation within the last 14 days?”
3. Ask the patient, “Have you had contact with any Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, OR with anyone with known COVID-19?
Educational material on how to assess these signs and symptoms are available at:
• At minimum you should assess and ask if the patient has Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, Persistent pain or pressure in the chest, New confusion or inability to arouse, Bluish lips or face.
• Should you have any questions our Nursing Department will be here to answer any questions.
Should you have any concern we ask that you call our dedicated coronavirus line ASAP at 718-705-6015. If the patient shows signs of respiratory distress or other medical emergency at the visit, you should contact 911 and contact us immediately thereafter.