The New York City rent freeze program for seniors is officially named “S.C.R.I.E.” Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption.

Senior citizens can get a rent freeze through SCRIE. If their rent goes up, people with SCRIE do not have to pay the higher rent. Instead, the City pays the landlord the difference between the current rent and the future rent.

Watch the video below, and go to this link at Access NYC to apply.

For more New York City senior news and resources Subscribe to